Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Endless Lists

My life is a series of events all of which I procrastinate. I am a fantastic list-maker. I write everything down in detail. For example currently I need to call my doctor to ask that he write a prescription which has no more refills. This morning I wrote it on my very lengthy to-do list. I realize that in the moments it took to locate my list and write the words "call doctor to refill prescription - need a 30 day scrip and a 90 day to mail order" I could have called said doctor. So why do I write lists instead of doing the chore? What could I be doing right now? Dishes, laundry, dusting, putting away a bunch of paperwork, organizing Girl Scout things. Oh, and that phone call! What WILL I do right now? I will probably continue to work on getting this blog up while I think about doing the dishes and laundry and dusting and all those other things that are on my list. Do any of you have this problem? How do you solve it?

No comments: