Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fun, A Mother's Pride and A Remembered Fallen Building

It is April 18, 2010 and the clock is rapidly moving towards the change in date to the 19th. Tomrrow marks the 15th Anniversary of the Murrah building bombing. It was a day of shock, sadness and worry for me. I was well familiarized with that building. Oklahoma City was my home for four years and Norman for another four. I have people I love there ... people for whom I was worried. I felt the bombing as the media coverage began in Michigan. It rocked me. That day 15 years ago also preceded my wedding by only three days. So, though tomorrow will be a day filled with memories of a sad and tragic day I am also looking towards the day three days later when I can celebrate with my husband. It is such a blessing to be here, together, all these years later. On a lighter note it was a weekend filled with lovely moments for our family. Cora and Greg had a daddy-daughter dance date, Cora and I had a mother-daughter 'tea' date, Owen competed and won the Public Forum Debate tournament yesterday, AND I spent 8 hours crafting with friends! It was a lovely weekend and I am grateful for family and friends. My word this week: GRATITUDE.

2 comments:

Duane Scott said...

Is that what is known as the Oklahoma City bombing? I've visited that memorial/museum. Very sobering!

Kelly said...

I would love to go to the memorial one day. I know it would be very emotional but it is something I need to see. I have not been back to OKC since 1989.