Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sunshine & Warmth OR Snow & Wind?

BOTH. Every place I have lived in the world (and those places are many) it has been said, "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes." But it isnt really true. Anywhere. Except in the mountains. This afternoon I soaked in the sunshine while I ate my lunch on the front porch. It was a glorious taste of spring. An hour later the snow was blowing horizontally and the sky was gray. It fell and blew for 15 minutes and then the sunshine took over again and I longed to be outside. The weather changes often here. HOW WELL DO YOU WEATHER CHANGES IN THE CLIMATE OF YOUR LIFE? Change is an essential part of our life experiences. We can fight it but the fight is always in vain. There is nothing as constant as change. Some change is welcome but much is not. My faith tells me that my Father in Heaven will always guide me through life's storms and help me weather those changes. Still I find myself fighting the process. For me the greatest change occured when I began my battle with health problems many years ago. I am grateful for the 'healthy' days, and I fight through the tough ones. It is my personal snowstorm. Some days I fight it. I know that a positive outlook is my sunny day, and that when I fight and grieve I am battling my own personal blizzard, and yet I do fight. Sometimes. Recently I have been fighting. Today's changeable weather reminded me of the futility of fighting... I am looking into my heart and toward my family to renew my resolve to go throught the changes of my life with grace. It is likely that I will forget and fight again. Hopefully the crazy Colorado weather will provide another reminder when that happens.

1 comment:

my paper love studio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.