Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cooking and Creativity

I have never been our family cook. That is Greg's domain. He is a fabulous cook who learned from the best cook I have ever known - his mom. However at times it does make me feel like I am a slouch, when he has to come home from work and then make dinner. And, I have noticed a certain quality in the (mostly) women I know who arre in charge of their family meals. They are both organized and creative. They use the best of both the left and right hemispheres of their brains. Today I decided to give it a try and I hope I can continue to expand my knowledge of the art and science of cooking. I hope that all my friends and family will share their knowledge with me. But tonight I will share my first success! We had two heads of cabbage in our refrigerator which we needed to eat. So, I made a salad which I found on the internet with one head. Then I took the other and lightly steamed large leaves of cabbage. I then cooked turkey sausage with carrots, and rice. Finally I made an easy Asian sauce which my CSA farmer taught me how to make, and spread it on the cabbage before rolling it up. Everyone in my family loved them, it was very healthy and I felt great. It was a win. Now, would you help me earn my next one please?

No comments: