Monday, November 23, 2009

Grateful.

This is a short list of the things for which I am grateful. 1. The health and happiness of my children. 2. The love of my husband, which has been tested in so many ways over the years. 3. My extended family -- both the one to whom I am related by blood and the one to whom I am related by marriage. The latter has accepted me in spite of my crazy ways and have taught me that the word family encompasses far more than I realized. 3. A comfortable home in which I have created my nest. 4. The things for which I am often ungrateful, and treat as an expectation rather than a privilege. (Indoor plumbing, clean and safe drinking water, accesible information, electricity, soft towels and sheets, good tennis shoes, and so much more). 5. My camera, my Kindle and my iPod Shuffle. These items are treasured more than I think they ought to be. I love them. 6. The ability to scrapbook, which is my favorite creative outlet. 7. My mother-in-law who has been equal to my own mother in her ability to make me feel cherished and cared for. 8. Our computer. 9. The three babies I lost, as they taught me more than I can explain. 10. The Gospel. I rarely talk about religion but my faith is important to me and has been a great source of comfort through the last 7 years of health problems. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please share some of the things for which you are most grateful.

No comments: