Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My view today. A sunny December.

December dawned and we were graced with sunshine. Sunny days (not necessarily warm days) are the days I live for. I have always been affected negatively by gray and cloudy skies and my mood instantly lifts when the sun is out. If you ask me for a short list of favorite pop songs one instantly comes to mind: "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. If that song plays I drop everything, raise the volume, dance and sing. I am happy. December started with sunshine. Snow will fall and gray skies will arrive, so my question is how do I keep my view sunny? I like lists. I like them too much. I even wrote about my endless lists. So, here is the funny thing. I am writing another list. My list of things to do to keep my view sunny. 1. Make the house a place of holiday celebration so that I love being inside even if the shades are closed from the world. 2. Spend quiet moments alone in contemplation of my faith, my love, my goals, my belief system, and the things which lead me to have a positive attitude. 3. Sing along with my stereo or iPhone at least once a day. 4. Complete my 2008 scrapbook before the end of the month so I can have a sense of accomplishment and pride that I get whenever I finish a scrapbook project. 5. Open the blinds, curtains, windows and doors whenever the sun is out. 6. Seek my favorite memories and write them. What things would you put on your list of things to do to improve your view?

No comments: