Monday, September 27, 2010

48 Things continued

21. Laughter, Girls' Night Out & Sleepovers.  Thank you Holly, Tammy, Lori and Kristy!  I had a great overnight escape with my friends Friday night and Saturday.  Crafting and laughter.  It was a blast.

22. Sushi.  I am still exploring and gaining courage to try various types when I have the opportunity.  Love most of what I have tried!

23. Toilet Paper.  Don't laugh.  You are grateful too!

24. Memories.  It is enchanting to visit with the people I loved in my past.  To fly, to travel, to study foreign languages, to be a child...  It is a blessing to have a mind which allows for memories to carry me into my past at times.

25. Aspen trees.  I miss the glorious colors of autumn in Michigan.  (Along with pumpkin spice donuts, cider mills, the sound of leaf blowers and the chilly wind.)  But I do love the golden yellow of our beloved aspen trees.

26. Rules of language.  I know people do not like the constraints of grammar.  But without it books would not be the treasures that they are in my life.  I make my share of grammatical errors.  Still, I like the rules.

27. Timeliness.  I hate being late.

28. Willow Tree Angels.  My angels are so beautiful.  They each express love to me -- particularly the ones my children gave to me.

29. My loveseat.  This oversized piece of furniture is my favorite place to sit in my house.  It is soft and comfy.  :)

30. Shellfish.  Yum!

31. Recycling.  It is one simple thing that anyone can do to help keep our world beautiful.

32. The color orange.  Not pumpkins or oranges.  That shade of orange that is a little bit red and a little bit pink that you see in the sunset.

33. Tulips.  Their growing season is far too short.  But I love these colorful and fragile flowers.

34. OU Football.  Duh!  :)

35. Teasing my husband about boring baseball.

36. Scents.  Who can resist the smell of cookies in the oven, or a baby while still wet from the bath? Spring roses in bloom.  The air right after it rains.  Greg's lasagna in the oven.  There are so many smells I love.

37. Soap Operas.  OK.  I admit it.  I love soaps.  I like that the characters stay with you for years.

38. Seeing the pattern grow as I create cross-stitch.

39. Seeing the glimpse of the child who still lives in Owen.  He is so grown up most of the time.  But once in a while I still see the little boy -- the playful side of my serious son.

40. Cora's funny side.  Puberty is starting and with it the moodiness.  But she is also still my funny daughter who so easily makes the rest of us laugh.

41. Being an aunt.  I don't see any of my neices or nephews often enough.  But I love them all so much, and I love my role as 'aunt' to all of them.

42. Adult-only Dates with my Husband.  We dont venture out of our home to have dates often enough.  But I love it when we do.  I cannot wait for Saturday (my birthday), when I can have a whole evening, overnight and morning alone with him.

42. Fluffy White Clouds in thos Colorado Blue Skies.

43. Being a Military Veteran.  I am more proud of this job than of anything else I have done.  (excluding being a mom, of course)

No comments: