Tuesday, September 21, 2010

48 Things for Which I am Grateful.

1. Greg, Owen and Cora -- I am myself when I am with them and they accept me exactly as I am.

2. Good Friends. -- My friends make me laugh, are my sounding boards, remind me of the places I can go, take me back to basics, trust me. They keep me balanced.

3. Blogs -- There are some talented bloggers whom I follow. I read their posts and they inspire me. I get my creativity from them.

4. Blue Skies. -- Colorado has expansive blue skies and my mood is always brightened by sunny days with blue skies.

5. Season Premiers.-- Sad but true. I am very grateful that some of my favorite TV shows are back on with new episodes this week. I am especially excited for this one:



















6. Birthdays.  They give us an opportunity to think about the course of our lives, and remind us that it is never too late to change our thinking.  I am reminding myself of this right now.

7. Good Movies.  There are some movies that linger with you for years.  Maybe forever.  There are several which I love, such as:  Good Will Hunting, the miniseries Winds of War & War and Remembrance, The Sound of Music, and my all time favorite:
I have always loved Robin Williams - he is brilliant.  But this movie showed me his range as a dramatic actor.  And it also introduced me to another actor who I love.  Robert Sean Leonard.  And now I get to watch him weekly on House.  Dead Poets Society is a gut wrenching, inspiring, beautiful movie.

8.  Clean, Tasty Water.  I didn't realize how good water can taste until we moved here.  The mountain fresh water is delicious.

9. Teachers.  These wonderful people take on the giant task of guiding, leading, and teaching my children everyday.  They are paid next to nothing and are overworked.  But they share their knowledge curiosity and love with my kids.  I am so grateful for teaches who care.

10. My dad.  My dad has always been a rock.  He stood with my mom through trials that most people would not survive.  He held her up, gave us kids strength, worked hard inside and outside of our home, and always made his love known.

11. Time with Friends.  My friends are my greatest source of laughter.  I am so happy that tomorrow I get to go for an overnight outing away from home with my friends Holly and Lori.  Yippee!

12. Janet Evanovich.  I have so much fun when I read her books.  They are a raucous riot of laughter.

13. Computers.  What did I do before the internet?

14. Kisses.  Who doesn't love kisses?

15. Indoor Plumbing.  We are spoiled -- those of us who have indoor plumbing.  There are so many who don't in this world.  And, yes, many of them are right here in the United States.

16. An Attic (even with its current infestation of animals).  ... because I have a roof over my head.

17. Mexican Food.  Not healthy or low calorie, but yummy!

18. Learning to Make Smoothies.  Twice today I created delicious and very healthy smoothies.  I am planning to do more of this.  Breakfast and snacks.  Or at least one of the two.

19. Oxygen.  It isnt something I take for granted.  And I am grateful that the medical community is able to see my needs and meet them.

20. Patterned (scrapbook) paper.






to be continued ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelly

Found your blog through MeTAV. I too have an October 2nd birthday. I will be 46, however, it is starting to bother me-this getting older thing. I think watching my children get bigger is bothering me more (mine are 17 and 15). I enjoy you comments on the message board at MeTAV.

Betsy