Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What does THANKFUL really mean?

I know most people ask themselves this question in late November, but I find it to be even more applicable to my life now. So, here it is: What does THANKFUL mean? The dictionary says: thank-ful (thangk-full) adj. 1. aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful 2. expressive of gratitude: a thankful smile Coloquially, in my mind it incluedes: 1. I am glad that I have it. 2. I am happy it makes my life easier. 3. That person makes me feel good. Today. 1. I am thankful for the home we have to shelter our family when so many are homeless. 2. I am glad for my husband's job which he loves and excels at. 3. I am happy to own such luxuries as a dishwasher, soft cotton towels, a hair dryer, and my new iPhone. 4. I am happy to have two children and a husband who are good, honest, compassionate and loving people. 5. I am thankful for books, Christmas music and ornaments which all have stories ahout our life together. 6. I am grateful for my friends and extended family who all give to me far more than they take from me. 7. I am grateful for my faith. There are a million other things -- small and big, and I am grateful. For what are you grateful today?

No comments: