Monday, December 7, 2009

The wonderful world of OTHER PEOPLE'S blogs!

It has been an eventful weekend following a slothful week. And lately I am not a blog writer but a blog stalker. I am having a great deal of fun reading blogs ... of those I know and of those I don't. I have found an entire universe of blogs dedicated to scrapbooking and another one dedicated to reading. I have found sketch challenges for scrapbooking and already utilized one sketch which has allowed me to get one layout closer to finishing my 2008 album which I have been working on forever. And who knew there would be reading challenges to take on for the coming year? I am going to challenge myself this coming year to read more, write more, think more, do more... All these wonderful blogs have entertained me and given me inspiration for my two favorite hobbies. However they have also led to what I referred to above ... a slothful week. I am going into this week with a strategy. I will dedicate certain amounts of time to blogging by setting a timer and when it goes off I am done. I will accomplish one layout for that never ending book of 2008. I will set aside a sum of time each day to do those everyday chores. And I will finish decorating my house which looks as though Christmas exploded inside it. Hmmm... can I really do this? Or will I find myself lost in another blog written by some talented person I will never meet? I hope I do not discover a third universe of blogs to follow. I wonder... is there a universe full of 40+ women in love with their childhood idol and writing about those silly 70s? The weekend... well it was filled with Girl Scouts, church and a poor sweet daughter.

No comments: